This site is for Bujinkan Huovi dojo, situated in Säkylä, Finland. It is a training group for martial art Bujinkan budô taijutsu.
The dojo is run by shidôshi Jukka Nummenranta.
If you have any questions or wish to train with us, please send mail to nuranta(at)bhd.fi.
Here’s some of the Finnish articles translated to English. Not all of them, because one reason for creating this site is to publish Bujinkan-related information not readily found in Finnish…
- Bujinkan – What It Is? -Jukka Nummenranta
Short run-through of the art itself.
- Bujinkan Huovi Dojo – BHD -Jukka Nummenranta
Introduction to BHD.
- The History of Bujinkan – Short Curriculum -Jukka Nummenranta
The art’s history from a Finnish viewpoint.
- Historiality -Jukka Nummenranta
Thoughts about the martial arts and history.
- Nihontô – the Japanese sword (short curriculum) -Jukka Nummenranta
Different Japanese swords briefly explained.
- Naginata and Nagamaki -Jukka Nummenranta
Background info on two spear weapons.
- Tachi vs Yoroi (2004) -Jukka Nummenranta
In 2004, shihan Arnaud Cousergue taught a seminar in Helsinki and asked participants to write an article about some aspect of it. This is what I came up with back then.
- Grades and Testing -Jukka Nummenranta
Thoughts about climbing the ladder.
- Vocabulary -Jukka Nummenranta
Short vocabulary concerning Bujinkan and the articles on this website. There’s also the Finnish explanations – so you can learn the language…
- Reading -Jukka Nummenranta
List of recommended reading (some of which are Finnish titles).
- Buki to ningu – combat and shinobi tools -Jukka Nummenranta
List and description of various weapons, tools ja utensils.